DAM News contributing editor, Ralph Windsor, has written a whitepaper: Metadata Management Strategies For Digital Asset Management. The reports discusses a three-way strategy for improving the quality of metadata applied to assets in DAM systems:
- Simplify the process of entering metadata
- Educate users about how to catalogue assets properly
- Involve end users in decisions about how metadata is organised
He covers the various reasons why metadata can fail to be effective in corporate DAM implementations and what you can do to avoid falling into the numerous traps that exist:
“A highly advanced Digital Asset Management solution, it is only as good as the data given to it by staff. If they do not understand the importance of metadata and the implications of poor quality cataloguing then the business will not see a satisfactory ROI from the system or the assets it contains.” [Read More]
The report is 22 pages and is free for subscribers to download until 1st July 2013.
In addition to the paper, Ralph’s other special feature article is worth reading for those interested in this subject: An Introduction To DAM Findability Techniques.
- Enterprise Digital Asset Management In 2016
- Managing Document Assets In DAM Solutions
- Feature Article: Who Needs a DAM Librarian? Part IV: The Rise of the Information Professional
- German Translation Of "An Introduction To DAM Findability Techniques" - Eine Einführung in DAM Auffindbarkeitstechniken
- The Role Of Interoperability In DAM UX