Digital Librarians And Their Role In DAM
Deb Hunt, writing on the FUMSI site describes some unique skills that digital librarians can bring to a DAM implementation. These include:
- An understanding of who audiences are and what they are looking for.
- Developing metadata schemas and taxonomies.
- Recognising the business value that finding information offers.
- Experience of creating IP and copyright policies.
- Expertise about organising assets.
- Findability and organising information.
- Able to prioritise what needs to be indexed first and why.
- Understanding the importance of starting small and scaling up based on clearly defined need.
The rest of the article is at: http://web.fumsi.com/go/article/manage/68499
Share this Article: