In this Digital Landfill blog article, Brian Dirking discusses 8 points about integrating content with your enterprise processes:
- Differentiate based on the relative importance 0r value of content.
- Decide how to cross reference content in multiple systems (including intentional duplication).
- Siloed content presents a risk when users are forced to manually integrate it themselves.
- Content that is inaccessible doesn’t exist.
- Content without proper usage controls can generate unforeseen risks.
- Environmental benefits often imply financial ones.
- Accurately catalogued content positioned in the right context increases its value to the business.
- Understand technology trends and the opportunities for further improving the content integration process.
- ECM And DAM - Are They Better Together Or Should You Vote For Independence?
- Why ECM Strategies Are Not Good Enough For Modern Digital Asset Management And What ECM Interests Should Be Doing About It
- ECM - The 'Big Stuff Management' Software Fallacy And What Clues It Offers For The Future Of DAM
- Understanding ECM: Whitepaper Series
- 5 ECM ROI Myths