Senior DAM Manager
Major League Soccer Expired
New York, NY, USA
The Senior Manager, Apple Brand Portal / Digital Asset Manager, will be part of the MLS Creative Services team — within the Brand & Integrated Marketing Department — which services all internal constituents of the League and Soccer United Marketing (the commercial and operational branch of MLS representing other soccer-related properties), as well as our clubs, commercial partners and media partners. This role will help ensure that our broadcast partner, Apple, has access to the most recent and useful digital assets, including photos, logos, event marks and creative toolkits. You will be responsible for creating and managing a new central destination for all of Apple’s creative needs and will be a key point of contact with Apple design teams in LA and Cupertino and, in the future, worldwide.
In addition, you will manage and maintain creative and marketing assets for our broader Digital Asset Management System (DAM) and our project management and proofing system (Workfront).
- Lead effort in developing a branded assets portal and providing assets to partners via the central brand portal
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to ensure all digital asset needs are met.
- Establish and maintain file naming conventions and metadata standards across the entire organization and within multiple digital asset categories.
- Oversee daily maintenance and usability of DAM (Adobe Experience Manger)
- Lead logistics and timelines, and cultivate relationships with key vendors, team members and external creative agencies.
- Perform (and supervise others internally and externally) in tagging and uploading of assets in DAM
- Assist with onboarding and training in DAM system
- Assist with planning roadmaps for DAM and Creative Operations tools and processes, including future developments and its related portals
- Work with IT and vendors to document and address bugs and feature improvements for DAM
- Facilitate requests between internal and external clients and our designers, gathering information to process creative requests, educating others in requirements and processes, helping the internal creative team optimize its workflow.
- Assist in creating and managing proofs
- Manage file trafficking and delivery, as well as packaging and delivery of design toolkits for major platforms
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience, with 5+ years of experience with Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems
- 5+ years of project management experience at a creative agency or comparable creative environment
- Experience and knowledge surrounding DAM metadata and taxonomy
- In-depth knowledge of graphic file formats for both digital and print use cases
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat).
- Proficiency in preparation of files for production (output, parameters, file formats).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge and understanding of design concepts and techniques, as well as brand worlds and systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate and maintain working relationships with external partners and vendors, and across internal departments
- Ability to lead meetings, and present status reports
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to supervise print work with vendors.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- High-level of commitment to a quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment - willing to pitch in and do what’s necessary to meet a goal or deadline
- Experience with photography and photo rights management
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Workfront, and/or SmartSheet
- Knowledge of Major League Soccer and/or experience in sports, pop culture, entertainment environment
- Knowledge of Spanish