Sur La Table
Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Production Designer is responsible for consistently delivering high-quality, impactful photo and design assets for Sur La Table. The ideal candidate has deep production experience across a variety of design tools, is highly detail-oriented, and can autonomously deliver work in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Art Director, Photography, the Production Designer will collaborate with the Digital Asset Manager, Designers, Project Managers, and Vendors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elevate Sur La Table’s brand through preparing production-ready photos, artwork, asset libraries, and guidelines documentation.
- Ensure that all imagery meets SLT’s quality and visual standards
- Upload digital assets to the DAM, tag correctly and maintain integrity of information associated with digital assets.
- Review studio and vendor-provided images for quality control and ensure metadata is accurate.
- Retouch, crop, color correct, and composite images when necessary.
- Prepare images for appropriate channels, such as packaging, signage, social media, and other digital channels. Create animated gifs, as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with asset requirements for social media and other channels.
- Exercise exceptional creative problem-solving.
- Provide consistent on-time delivery of assets.
- Look for opportunities to optimize processes and partner directly with teams and photo studios to troubleshoot.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of experience in a production department, agency, or in-house team.
- An online portfolio or samples of work showcasing production work on photography, marketing campaigns, or design assets.
- You have an eye for composition, pixel-perfect alignment, kerning, purposeful sentence breaks, and organized files. While you are capable of graphic design, you prefer to work on the production side of things.
- Organized, driven, self-starter with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Able to prepare production-ready assets that meet all requirements at the highest quality.
- Have excellent organization skills and file management.
- Strong experience and expertise in working with retouching and compositing of product images.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while staying calm under pressure.
- Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively, and an active interest in learning new tools and technologies.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects) and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Accessibility Standards, a plus.
- Experience in video editing, a plus.
- Experience working with Bynder or another Digital Asset Manager, a plus.
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to able to use computer and other office equipment to accomplish work tasks.
- Ability to think critically and communicate complex thoughts and/or ideas in clear and concise manner.
- Regular and predictable attendance.