Marketing Technology Specialist
Floor and Decor
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
The Marketing Technology Specialist is responsible for leveraging technology to facilitate marketing initiatives that drive business growth. As a critical link between marketing and technology, you will power our channels with customer data to deliver audience targeting and segmentation at scale. You will own and leverage technology solutions to enable marketing operations to become more efficient and scale as the business grows including streamlining our internal operations through the implementation of digital platforms and solutions. You will configure and coordinate successful end-to-end testing for omnichannel programs leveraging various MarTech tools such as Tealium, Salesforce, and Marketing Cloud.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), or Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company
- 1+ years’ experience using marketing technology at enterprise scale to achieve business outcomes and/or managing data and technology used in real-time segmentation, personalization, and optimization
- Business acumen, an understanding of cross-platform process solutions, customer centric marketing and digital marketing
- Experience specific to Tealium – or another CDP - and familiarity with user journeys, channels, vendors, badges, integrations activations and audience stream application set up
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities, limited resources, and tight deadlines; excellent organizational skills to plan, prioritize, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated understanding over the current and emerging marketing technology landscape and experience formulating solutions with a customer-focused attitude to meet business needs and drive growth
- Experience configuring marketing technology to enable targeted campaigns
- Strong problem solver with ability to find solutions and independently act
- Strong analytical capabilities with experience making decisions using data to drive business outcome
- Strong communication skills with ability to translate between technical and non-technical speak
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Prefer experience with Scrum and working with teams in an agile IT environment
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, Google Ads, Pinterest Ads, Facebook Ads, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Twilio, Tealium CDP, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Amplience, Dynamic Yield, and Digital Asset Management platforms is a plus
- Fast-paced, high-growth retail experience is a plus
Nice to Have:
- Experience creating algorithms using IF/THEN logic.
- Experience building customer journeys and leveraging audiences, events and attributes to create omnichannel customer experiences
- Experience with marketing such as advertising, audience management, acquisition, retention, dynamic ad serving, personalization/segmentation at scale, optimization of data flows
- Experience with databases and SQL
Essential Job Functions:
- Formulate approaches and implement technology solutions to make our marketing team more efficient
- Document data flows, systems, and processes
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of Floor & Decor’s goals, marketing needs, measurement goals, development capabilities and apply technology toward those goals in a way everyone can understand.
- Partner with marketing and CRM stakeholders to translate marketing needs into specific technology solutions you implement within our platforms.
- Foster partnerships with key stakeholders outside the department including IT, Ecommerce, and Analytics. Translate Marketing needs and business objectives into story mapping, use cases, requirements, and user stories.
- Hands-on-keyboard configuring of customer data and audiences, including creation, maintenance and measurement of audiences in a Customer Data Platform (CDP); you will be responsible for configuring platform(s) for end-to-end management of customer data across the tech stack.
- Understand and import inbound customer data into the Customer Data Platform (CDP); convert that to actionable outbound data flowing in to advertising and email/text/app/web platforms for activation and targeting.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the marketing technology stack, including working with vendors to understand product roadmaps and how they will impact our programs.
- Foster inclusive partnerships with key stakeholders within the department (including advertising, email/1:1, app, content, creative, brand management and leadership) to understand pain points/objectives/challenges/opportunities; bring simplicity to complex marketing technology so that all can understand; provide innovative solutions to achieve marketing goals through technology.
- Own feed management, including product feeds and asset feeds, from origin source through our systems ultimately reaching the customer via advertising and marketing channels
- Oversight and strong command over technical aspects of personalization, including drafting technical requirements, creating data flows and systems integrations via technology like Salesforce Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Tealium, and creating algorithms that build audiences based on customer data and behaviors
- Monitor reliability and health of the marketing technology platforms and manage delivery capabilities to increase stability, speed, and overall performance
- Bring forward industry norms and best practices as relevant to business needs and opportunities
- Maintain compliance with all appropriate Privacy, Information Security, Data Governance protocols and laws