Lead Digital Content Strategist
The AA Expired
You will be responsible for ensuring our digital content delivers against clear business and customer outcomes, conducting regular benchmarking and monitoring to ensure we are moving towards our goals and adapting our strategies accordingly. Insight and evidence driven in your approach, you will facilitate alignment across different departments to ensure a coherent customer experience across all digital touchpoints.
You will be working to understand business goals and user needs in the context of our broader business, digital and channel strategy, and working closely with our Lead Content Editor to put in place the right guidelines and plans to bring to life the strategy through our digital content.
This role will require a deep understanding of our Content Management System, personalization and targeting of content, considering structured as well as unstructured content, making sure users can find the right content and effortlessly take the best next step to help them complete their journeys. As a key stakeholder for our content management system, you’ll also own the supplier relationship and drive forward plans to improve the platform for both internal and external users.
As a manager, you’ll lead by example. You'll help us mentor and develop a team of content experts to develop a deep understanding of the digital content strategy and support the seamless delivery of content across channels, setting the standard, and encouraging them to challenge and raise their own standards.What will I be doing?
- Taking a leading role on content strategy projects, devising cross-channel content solutions that deliver on business objectives and customer outcomes
- Work with Editorial, Product, Services and Marketing teams to realise our digital and channel strategy with the right content solutions, defining and communicating the digital content strategy
- Managing a small team of content editors to support the effective delivery, maintenance and governance of digital content across channels to deliver on the content strategy, reviewing deliverables and coaching the team as well as managing performance.
- Creating content strategy deliverables including content inventories and audits, metadata, gap analyses and CMS documentation
- Working directly with the Sitecore CMS development team to couple our content strategy with the future CMS development roadmap to delivered effective personalised and targeted content to our users, collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders
- Leading on information architecture, ensuring a user centred approach and using insight to establish effective tagging and taxonomies
- Working our product and proposition development teams to plan how content can support end-to-end customer journeys with digital content
- Collaborating with SEO practitioners to support search strategies
- Inspiring and influencing business stakeholders, up to director and exec level, about customer-focused content
- Building strong relationships with Brand and Marketing teams to ensure alignment of content across all channels
- Work with Brand Social and Content lead to align content strategies
- Representing the content team with third parties and agencies
- Organising internal and external editorial training, and arrange team attendance at editorial events
- Stay well-informed about market, technological and industry trends, tools and techniques to inform decision-making and best practice
- Facilitate collaborative approaches to content strategy and how we execute to deliver on business objectives and customer outcomes
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience in a content strategy role, with experience in a lead capacity for large enterprise web sites or applications, and consumer-facing interfaces
- Proven experience of creating strategies, recognising opportunities for unique and successful content, and generating new ideas that utilise a wide range of content formats in different channels
- Experience of writing content for voice as well as web, app and email
- Proven experience of taking learnings from performance and adapting strategies for constant improvement
- Strong storyteller able to influence a broad range of key stakeholders
- Experience with line management and mentoring
- In depth knowledge and experience of Enterprise CMS (Sitecore ideally) and ideally experience managing and executing a personalisation strategy
- Proven experience creating and implementing content strategy for a large enterprise with a complex and large stakeholder group
- Experience in measurement and analysis of content performance and using evidence to drive decision making
- Understanding of the development, sourcing, and governance of both structured and unstructured content types
- Experience of SEO and how to optimise structured and unstructured content for findability
- Experience applying human centred design principles and best practice to content work
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field - English, Communications, Linguistics, HCI
- Self-starter that takes the initiative to generate new ideas, bring people together and improve ways of working
- Excellent communicator, driving valuable conversations with technical and non-technical colleagues across the business
- Comfortable working at a strategic and conceptual level
- Genuine interest in people, keen to lead and develop a team, helping them to achieve their goals
- Passionate about user-centred design, and the impact it can have on people’s lives
- Reflects and exhibits the AA Brand Values
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.