Digital Product Owner
Atlanta, GA, USA | Richmond, VA, USA
This Product Owner positions supports the Online and Mobile Digital Banking platforms for Truist. The role partners with product managers, technology and design to delivery brand-defining experiences within our platforms. The position requires the ability to understand strategic impacts but concentrates on the day-to-day details in order to ensure tactical execution. They are a key resource in backlog management for the teams, working to translate features into user stories which can be implemented by their delivery scrum team.
Taking a holistic perspective, this position is responsible for delivering the experience across all related pieces within their assigned area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be assigned, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Lead delivery scrum team(s) on online and mobile banking platforms in Quarterly PI planning, sprint planning, and other agile ceremonies
- Align with product managers to clearly articulate product strategy to the delivery team
- Deliver new or enhanced digital banking products and services by working directly with technology, experience design, line of business, and operations partners
- Author and maintain the team’s backlog of user stories and serve as a subject matter expert on features, user stories, and product capabilities
- Triage critical issues and communicate with all concerned parties
- Serve as key contact to the development team to answer questions, provide clarifications, and conduct and coordinate business validation, focusing on fitness for use
- Partner with solution architects and other technical leads to ensure their solutions effectively address priorities while balancing client experience and technical integrity
- Facilitate sprint demos and provide final acceptance for completed user stories; ensuring that the story meets their user story acceptance criteria and otherwise its definition of done.
- Co-ordinate the creation of release-specific business documents, such as support model definitions, go/no-go approvals, internal release notes, and release-related living documents.
- Risk management: Ensure all Product Management Lifecycle (PML) process & procedures are followed, supporting security, risk, audit, and more, and ensure action items and deadlines are met. Partner with product manager on evidence to support recommendations.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering, design, or technology field; or related field or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- Five or more years of banking, financial services, digital, or other relevant work experience
- Three or more years of product, analysis, technology, and/or design experience
- Three or more years of leading cross functional teams
- Experience defining and delivering digital business initiatives to execute on a product roadmap
- Demonstrated technical acumen and an ability to work with the technology organization to align product and technology roadmaps
- Ability to translate strategic plans into tactical daily actions for execution
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Comfortable managing concurrent projects in a fast-based, results-driven environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity, leading work autonomously, and making independent decisions
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues
- Excellent skills in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation
- Previous experience working in a Product Owner capacity for an Agile team(s)
- Proven track record of driven, results-oriented, problem-solving capabilities
- Willingness to do “whatever it takes” to deliver business value quickly
- Ability to work in a dynamic, constantly evolving business environment and manage multiple tasks
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with team and stakeholders
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (or equivalent)