Digital Asset Management Librarian
Zippo Manufacturing Company
Bradford, PA, USA
Zippo Manufacturing Company is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time office hourly opportunity as a Digital Asset Management (DAM) Librarian.
This position will oversee all aspects of managing ARC, our Access Resource Center. This includes maintenance on than 113,000 assets, consisting of photography, videos, and other collateral.
The DAM Librarian will manage the delivery of services related to the DAM system, and support DAM users in uploading assets to the DAM, searching and retrieving existing assets on the DAM, and delivering reports on DAM usage.
- Manage the life cycle of all digital assets for the Zippo brands.
- Manage a unified metadata strategy and architecture, establish best practices to permit scalability, allowing users to quickly search and discover marketing assets.
- Create workflows for ingestion, storage, and delivery of assets to DAM system users, all the while looking for efficiencies in these processes.
- Responsible for the development, day-to-day operation, and maintenance of the DAM system.
- Identify assets set to expire and take appropriate action.
- Manage licensing and copyright requirements.
- Audit assets for accurate naming and metadata.
- Act as point of contact with the external vendor to maintain DAMS stability and accomplish necessary systems customization, integration, hardware/software upgrades, troubleshooting, as well as long-term planning and program development
- Manage asset groups, user roles, and assign to individual as required, and perform user audits.
- Create written metadata policies and maintain procedures using best practices and industry standards. Provide strong leadership to implement new metadata practices.
- Create all documentation and training materials
- Provide onboarding for users in system, create training materials either videos or documents.
- Support key personnel in search and retrieval processes of the DAM system for their respective brands and/or accounts.
- Act as the point of contact for all users for troubleshooting, digital asset management best-practices, and system improvements and support.
- Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge on digital asset archiving to best assist in researching and implementing new processes and systems.
- Perform related duties or special assignments as directed.
- Must have expertise with databases, especially a DAM system.
- Experience with building taxonomies, metadata, and cataloging.
- Rights management experience, including understanding model usage restrictions, timing, and distribution.
- Teamwork Skills—coordination, communication, and customer service skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills—the individual exhibits care and concern for consumer issues, maintains confidentiality, exhibits tact and diplomacy, understands and practices ethical behavior, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans their work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Ability to assess, prioritize and troubleshoot problems.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication—the individual edits his or her work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Experience collaborating and communicating with diverse stakeholders (Creative, Product Management, Marketing, Legal, PR, and Sales).
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Accuracy—the individual must possess attention to detail and excellence in grammar and spelling.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work proficiently in a high-volume production environment.
- Understand and promote best practices, department processes, and adhere to procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of cataloging or metadata creation experience and experience using a digital asset management system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Working knowledge of PC and Mac operating systems