Digital Asset Librarian
Austin, Texas, US
What you’ll be called: Digital Asset Librarian
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named a Happiest Company to Work for in 2019; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and featured on the Training Magazine Training 125 list seven times, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where transforming the real estate industry through technology is our primary goal.
What you’ll do:
Keller Williams seeks a Digital Asset Librarian to research, plan, implement, and support our first digital asset management system (DAMS). The Digital Asset Librarian will lead efforts in migrating and organizing existing media and corresponding metadata. They will also provide guidance for choosing a DAM platform, and then using the system to streamline workflows as well as provide initial training for all levels of staff.
As the DAM Librarian, they are skilled at content and digital asset management (i.e. taxonomy, indexing, cataloging, archiving, metadata tagging, content management systems). They ensure that all final content is uploaded and tagged in our Digital Asset Management system for re-use and archiving
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Batch upload assets and metadata to the DAMS.
- Assist with mapping and migrating data from legacy sources to DAMS fields.
- Set up workflows to facilitate or automate the creation, ingestion, management, and distribution of digital assets.
- Establish a taxonomy for the DAMS.
- Assist in bringing existing assets up to appropriate standards, including reorganization of file directories and metadata cleanup projects.
- Establish and enforce institutional guidelines for asset and metadata management in the DAMS.
- Create and maintain DAMS documentation.
- Lead training and education for KWRI staff.
- Provide functional support to individual staff DAMS users.
- Work closely with KW Marketing, KW University, KW Publishing, and kwVideo and other relevant KRWI departments to improve and expand the distribution of and access to still image, video, and other digital assets.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree (MS) in Information Science/Studies or Archive Management
- 1-3 years of practical experience in the asset management field, including: database management, print and media technologies, file formatting, and data migration.
- In-depth knowledge of file formats (print, digital, video)
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in writing procedures and documentation
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Sharp analytic skills and the ability to review processes and solve problems
- Collaborative, friendly team player who has the ability to work independently
- Willingness to be flexible and respond to quickly changing priorities
- Excels working with large groups of people with many different ideas
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe and is number one in units and volume in the United States. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, TX. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving.