Content Systems Manager
Los Angeles, CA, USA
The Content Systems Manager is responsible for ensuring content accuracy and scalability for content reuse across print and digital channels. This position will be responsible to manage and publish content (visual & copy) in CMS, DAM and database systems. These tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines. This position will further the Viking brand mission through multimedia creation to be used cross-functionally by and for departments including Marketing, Corporate Communications, IT, Product Development, etc.
- Publish, manage, and align content across channels to ensure brand alignment, consistency, and scalability for content reuse.
- Maintain accuracy and timely upkeep and entry of all primary and ancillary information (product details, guest information, etc.) within the CMS; In partnership with cross-departmental team of copywriters, proofreaders, and editors.
- Assist in managing enterprise-wide content architecture and automation initiatives, including defining content models and taxonomies, as well as providing training and troubleshooting support for content stakeholders.
- Translate business needs into executable content strategy, developing an in-depth understanding of the full content lifecycle and stakeholder requirements for success.
- Work closely with internal engineering/development teams and external vendors (Print + Digital) to maintain unified content strategy with regard to new development and system integrations.
- Assure information is archived and documented for future needs and reference.
- Evidence of good work habits including but not limited to being on time, following Viking workplace policies, arriving prepared for meetings and events, being responsive and following through on all supervisor and staff requests.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field or equivalent work experience in marketing, communications, publishing/journalism, or media studies.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in digital media content or similar field with increasing responsibility. Background producing content for both print and digital communications preferred.
- knowledge of and experience with popular content management systems (Magnolia, Wordpress, Drupal, etc.) and digital asset management systems (Cloudinary, Canto, Adobe Experience Manager, Extensis Portfolio, etc.).
- Good understanding of database systems and variable data publishing.
- Good understanding of SEO best practices and accessibility standards.
- Knowledge of XML publishing workflow, metadata, taxonomies, and content modeling/schemas a plus.
- Strong familiarity with image optimization techniques (web, mobile applications, and industry best practices).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator); advanced experience with InDesign a plus.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.