European picture agency organisation (CEPIC) has teamed up with the IPTC to produce a new handbook of standards for image metadata. The handbook, which will be launched at the CEPIC Congress in Istanbul, Turkey on 20th May 2011, provides readers with a legal framework for metadata use, reference charts on the use of core and extension fields and an interactive metadata workflow planning tool.
“Paul Brown, Head of the CEPIC Technical Committee said ‘We commissioned this Handbook to make it easier for our members and other businesses to get to grips with their metadata workflow. The Handbook approaches metadata from a practical business point of view. We are very pleased to be partnering with the IPTC to make bring this important subject to our members and to the wider business community.'” [Read More]
- Can Enterprise Taxonomy Management Survive Analyst Reticence - And Does Anyone Else Care Anyway?
- The Role Of Taxonomy Governance In DAM Interoperability Initiatives
- Google's Visual Case Study Of The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata
- The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata Generation
- Understanding And Implementing Metadata Standards In Digital Asset Management Initiatives