This blog post by Jeff Carr from Earley Associates explains how to apply Controlled Vocabularies and Taxonomies to SharePoint 2010 in order to enrich content using semantic principles:
Tagging in SharePoint 2010 is approached from two perspectives, with the first originating from controlled vocabularies via Metadata Terms. Controlled terms are managed in a Term Set and surfaced as part of a document’s properties using the Managed Metadata column. The field itself is directly bound to a Term Set (or subset thereof), and enables users to easily browse available Terms for tagging. [Read More]
- SharePoint 2013 Overview and Introduction: 4th December 2012, Reading (UK)
- SharePoint 2013 Public Beta Released - What Are The Implications For Users And DAM Vendors?
- Introduction To SharePoint 2010 Seminars: UK (Reading, Basingstoke and London), Jan-Mar 2012
- Myths About Taxonomy And SharePoint
- SharePoint Online or On-premise? Seminars From ICS Solutions