Tom Gleason, writing on the ResourceSpace Labs Blog discusses required skills to develop DAM systems. The points are obviously slightly skewed towards ResourceSpace (in terms of the PHP development skills mentioned) but are generally applicable to most other DAMs also:
- Graphics/File Formats
- Server Administration
If you plan to customise or extend an open source DAM (or possibly develop your own) then it is worth a read to see what you will need to think about and who to have on your team:
“While ResourceSpace is fairly easy for those with moderate skills to install and use, *developing* for a DAM system like ResourceSpace requires a very broad range of skills and experience.” [Read More]
ResourceSpace is listed on our Open Source Digital Asset Management site also.
- DAM Foundation Digital Asset Manager Human Resources Survey - Call For Participation
- More Digital Asset Managers Or More Digital Asset Management Education?
- Digital Asset Management - Finding The Right Fit (And The People To Run It For You Too)
- DAM News Special Feature: Becoming A DAM Superhero
- Key Attributes For Successful Digital Asset Managers