Tips On Organised Folder Structures For Digital Asset Management
An article by Jim Kidwell on the Extensis blog discusses five tips for setting up an organised folder structure for those DAMs that use this metaphor:
- Understand the consequences of spaces and underscores at the beginning of folder names.
- Use folders as a way of applying keyword.
- Avoid ambiguous and potentially redundant folders.
- Create a “template” of empty subfolders.
- Consider replacing extremely disorganised folder structures.
If you are still using a shared drive approach to DAM (either out of choice or necessity), the tips are equally valid.Share this Article: