How Taxonomy Can Improve Search
Continuing his “8 Things” theme, John Mancini, president of AIIM presents “8 Things You Need to Know About How Taxonomy Can Improve Search” by guest blogger, Heather Hedden from Earley Associates. The 8 points are:
- Retrieve Matched Concepts, Not Just Words.
- Leverage Metadata
- Enhance Web Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Support Browsing though Hierarchies.
- Support Faceted Search.
- Leverage Text Mining and Auto-Classification.
- Support Discovery.
- Facilitate Semantic Search.