Digital Asset Manager – AEM Assets
Chewy is looking for an experienced Digital Asset Manager – AEM Assets to join our Creative Services organization and work side-by-side with passionate pet lovers in our in-house studio located in Dania Beach, FL. In this role, you’ll serve as a Product Owner for the configuration, implementation, administration, and operational support of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) DAM system, our growing digital asset management platform. As a subject matter expert in the technical capabilities of the AEM DAM platform, the best practices for managing digital assets, and the overall creative content production ecosystem, you’ll work closely with team members across Marketing, Merchandising, IT Engineering, and Creative Services to translate business, creative, and operational requirements into a DAM development roadmap and be responsible for the integrations, migrations, best practices, workflows, and governance within the AEM DAM platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the strategic Product Owner for iterative development, maintenance, and enhancement of the AEM DAM platform as utilization is expanded within Creative Services and as an enterprise-level DAM
- Supervise, train, and oversee the work of a small team of full-time and / or contracted asset management coordinators responsible for day-to-day asset management activities within the DAM
- Work with cross-functional stakeholder teams to identify, prioritize, and develop workflow / process / taxonomy improvements, system / solution enhancements, and integrations that align to business and operational objectives
- Coordinate with IT to maintain a prioritized roadmap for system issues and engineering needs
- Serve as key point of contact for relevant vendor and consultant relationships for AEM DAM and its integrations
- Facilitate discovery sessions, testing, and implementation for DAM-related process, integrations, and enhancements
- Provision, manage, and audit AEM DAM User accounts and profiles for fulltime, contractor, and agency users
- Architect, design, and configure workflows within the system that streamline and simplify ingestion, metadata schema, file organization, tagging, renditioning, access rights, and overall asset search efficiency
- Audit and identify opportunities for automation, integrations, and process improvements for relevant asset management workflows
- Troubleshoot technical issues and bugs through coordination with forums, technical support, IT Engineering, and/or consultants
- Analyze and report regularly on metrics that pertain to goals and benchmarks for access, usage, and lifecycle of digital assets
- Create, maintain, and publish project/technical process and configuration documentation and training materials for both application users and departmental leadership
- Proactively train new users and manage communications about updates, enhancements, and user support needs.
- Create, maintain, and communicate all asset management standards, processes, and governance including image rights, licensing, and usage
- Ensure accurate, efficient, and timely asset ingestion, metadata tagging, organization, distribution, and expiration of assets within the DAM
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Asset Management, Creative, Marketing, or related field
- 5+ years of direct experience as a DAM System Admin, Content Librarian, or similar for a large client or company. E-Commerce / retail production experience a plus!
- 3+ years in a managerial role with supervision over full time and / or contracted associates
- Direct experience with AEM DAM, including its implementation, administration, and configuration across a matrixed organization.
- Firm understanding of photography, video, design, creative, and production processes, file types, and use cases common in agencies and digital media organizations
- Understanding of color models, ICC profiles and configuration of AEM to process assets for a variety of downstream traditional and digital media
- Capability of managing integrations between AEM DAM and other compatible platforms like Workfront, Jira, and/or Merchandising PIM systems. Experience working with Adobe Fusion a plus!
- Strong experience in file governance, standards, and development of associated digital asset management process
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 and other adjacent project management software such as Jira, Airtable, Smartsheet, and/or Lucidchart
- Proven ability to self-manage multiple projects as part of a team serving stakeholders across office, studio and WFH locations
- Ability to thrive in an ever-developing, fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and changes in scope
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, time management, and negotiation skills
- Ability to tactfully influence cross functional teams to drive projects and tasks to completion
- Capacity to project a calm, confident, and professional demeanor, even while working under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to flex between creative and technical vernacular with ease
- Active listening, problem-solving, strong analytical, and critical thinking skills
- A positive, can-do attitude with teammates, internal clients, and corporate stakeholders
- Position may require less than 10% travel to multiple studio and office sites as necessary