Henry Stewart DAM NY 2019 Preview
There are few events in the DAM calendar that generate as much industry buzz as the Henry Stewart DAM New York conference on 2nd – 3rd May 2019. Touted as the world’s largest Digital Asset Management event, DAM New York presents over 100 speakers across more than 70 sessions, with a wide range of tracks and topics that encompass everything from procurement, adoption, metadata and AI through to integration, workflow, rights management and governance.
The conference spans a total of three days, with the first day (Wednesday 1st May) providing a series of deep-dive pre-event tutorials covering topics such as DAM leadership, the fundamentals of metadata, taxonomy, and engineering creative workflows. The pre-event tutorials are priced at $499 each, or two for $799, and as with all bookings, every third person is legible for a 50% discount.
The conference’s main agenda begins with a welcome from Conference Chair David Lypsey, followed by a series of keynote speeches.. The remainder of the first day’s schedule is split into various concurrent tracks, many of which will be familiar to previous attendees:
- DAM Ninja – advanced sessions for more experienced delegates covering regulation, video workflows, PIM and DAM, and how DAM intersects with APIs
- You DAM Journey – a full day focusing on the whole DAM process, from vendor selection and implementation through to benchmarking, optimisation and governance
- Creative Operations – a full, dedicated track chaired by Prudential’s VP of Creative Ops, Kevin Brucato
- The Techlab – where visitors have the chance to engage directly with partners, vendors and consultants, and participate in technical demos and practical workshops
To round off the first day, fellow attendees get the chance to wind down and informally discuss the day’s events at the Drinks Reception.
The second day begins with an opportunity to meet your peers and discuss your DAM triumphs, failures and challenges with fellow DAM professionals over breakfast, at selected industry tables. There’s no need to book up front – just turn up at 8:15am on the Friday, grab a coffee and join the conversation.
Again, the second day is split into numerous tracks covering a wide range of topics:
- DAM Pros – keynotes and discussions covering a range of DAM subjects
- Metadata – a full day’s track of all things metadata, including taxonomy design and governance
- Expert Series – a selection of advanced DAM topics
- The Techlab – a series of practical sessions from vendors including MediaBeacon, Adobe, Aprimo, Nuxeo, OpenText and Woodwing
- Real World Case Studies – including HBO, Tiffany & Co, Dell, PVH and The Metropolitan Museum of Art
The second day concludes with a session of ‘Stump the DAM Consultant‘ – a light-hearted game show type format where a team of DAM consultants compete to provide the best answer to your toughest Digital Asset Management questions and challenges. Panellists cannot hear each others’ answers as they are wearing noise-cancelling headphones, and the individual that poses the most difficult question wins their own pair of headphones.
There are three additional content tracks available at this year’s conference:
DAM Intensives – a new track offering comprehensive, in-depth collaborative sessions including cultural heritage, tackling DAM as a ‘Lone Arranger’, and the fundamentals of metadata and taxonomy design;
DAM Careers – a dedicated track where seasoned DAM leaders explore a range of career-based topics and discussion groups based on attendees’ career development needs and questions;
DAM Clinic – a popular track offering unique in-depth discussions and opportunities for learning and networking. This year’s clinic, spanning both days, includes the following topics:
- Leveraging AI to Streamline Metadata Creation and Catalog Management for Video Content with IBM Watson Media
- The DAM Impact of GDPR on your Digital Assets with 4ALLPORTAL
- Leverage Change Management Concepts for a Successful DAM Implementation with Widen
- The New Future of DAM in the Global Marketing Supply Chain with Tenovos
- The Importance of Communicating with all Stakeholders for a Better, More Effective and Smoother DAM Integration in the Early Phase with Bank of America
- Dear Operating Model, I’d like to Re-Introduce you to the DAM and our Wider Strategy with ICP
- From Selection to Launch: Planning and Executing DAM Implementation with Orange Logic and AVP
- Enterprise DAM: Highly Integrated or Standalone? With Adobe Experience Cloud
- Solving the Content Crisis with Stylelabs
The standard fee for a two day pass is $1399, with concessions available for NPO attendees, and a 50% discount for every third delegate. Tutorials cost $499 each or two for $799. A discount code DAMGURU100, will get you $100 off the registration fee.
A full list of speakers, tutorials and sessions can be viewed on the conference website.Share this Article: