The Keys To Findability
“Findability” – how easily relevant content can be located by employees has become a hot topic across a whole spectrum of Content Management technologies (including DAM). This Digital Landfill blog article by Dan Gilroy of RDA Corporation discusses 8 of the key issues associated with optimising findability:
- Multi-format capability: the ability to locate content across both current and legacy file types.
- Unified interfaces: the ability to search and find content across multiple systems without expecting users to manually integrate content and search data themselves.
- Content categorisation and metadata schemas: having content marked up in a way that enables users to extract meaning and context from it.
- Close match searching: compensating for user errors such as spelling mistakes.
- Synonyms: using alternative terminology to cross reference the correct description
- Relevancy: identifying the context of what users are searching for and modifying the results accordingly
- Security: integrating findability requirements with the need to protect sensitive enterprise data.
- Effective search experience: an intuitive and easy to use search facility that does not intimidate users.