Featured Job: Digital Preservation Manager, Science Museum Group – 2nd October 2020
This week’s featured job is for a Digital Preservation Manager with the Science Museum Group – a prestigious organisation managing five world-class museums located in Manchester, York, London, Bradford and Shildon. Responsible for both Collections and Corporate records, you will become the group’s lead on Digital Preservation, ensuring best practice across a rich and diverse collection of digital assets, and acting as the SMG’s principle representative with the Digital Preservation Coalition.
Duties will include:
- Being the SMG authority on digital preservation
- Developing a digital preservation strategy
- Implementing standards, procedures, systems, tools and workflows
- Establishing a digital asset register for the Group
- Providing training and support to museum professionals
- Driving improvements within the heritage sector
- Expertise in digital preservation, standards and best practice
- Excellent technical knowledge of the relevant tools and metadata
- Experience of using a Digital Preservation Management System
- Excellent communication skills
The position is full time (35 hours per week), with a salary of between £36-42,000 per annum, depending upon experience and location. The closing date for applicants is Monday 12th October 2020, with interviews due to start on the week commencing 19th October 2020.
For full details, see the DAM News job posting at the following link:Share this Article: