Featured Job: Digital Asset Specialist – 30th October 2020
This week’s featured job is for a Digital Asset Specialist with retailer Bass Pro Shops, one of the United States’ most recognisable outlets for camping, fishing and outdoor recreation supplies. Primarily working with video assets and media projects, the successful candidate will also be responsible for managing many aspects of the DAM system and its various components, including governance, user workflows, metadata standards and maintenance.
- Establish and manage the process for ingestion of media into the digital asset management system. 50%
- Employ industry best practices for the acquisition, cataloging and maintenance of active media assets and the master media archive. 20 %
- Establish and manage the process for post-production asset management and distribution including mastering, cataloguing, encoding and distribution and posting of content through video hosting platforms and file sharing services. 10%
- Help to develop immediate and long-term technology strategy for asset management and production within the department. Evaluate technology and production industry trends specifically related to asset management and encoding and distribution of media. 5 %
- Competency to build metadata standards and manage assets to allow for both simple and complex searches within our Digital Asset Management System 5%
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED 10%
Minimum Degree Preferred: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of experience in production, post production or broadcast
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge of video production, video and audio file formats, camera specs, and video compression is required. Also helpful is general knowledge of Avid Media Composer.
- Must have experience working with digital asset management systems, e.g., (MAM, DAM)
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills having precise attention to detail and methodical approach to work.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule at times.
- Understanding the logistics of the post-production process and technical knowledge is required.
- Experience with media transcoding and delivery technologies, including codecs, file systems, file transfer applications.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot and present options and solutions to post production challenges.
- A self-starter who has the ability to prioritize among multiple concurrent projects.
For full details, see the DAM News job posting at the following link:Share this Article: