Systems Assets – Digital Assets
Ventura, CA, US
The Patagonia Creative Team is a full-service in-house agency providing design, editorial, photographic, and video content to save our home planet. Within the Patagonia Creative Team, the Creative Systems team is responsible for the development, deployment and support of the enterprise creative systems used for the storage, organization and distribution of the Patagonia Creative Teams’ digital assets.
The Digital Asset Systems Analyst works closely with the Manager of Creative Production & Systems, IT Operations and DAM stakeholders to develop, implement and optimize DAM systems, and facilitate DAM integrations with other business systems. Through critical analysis and optimization of DAM systems and Creative Team workflows, the Digital Asset Systems Analyst provides on-going user support and training, systems updates, improvements and troubleshooting, and helps translate long-term business goals into technical solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement DAM systems configurations and customizations to best support and improve digital asset workflows
- Perform ongoing analysis of DAM systems implementations and configurations in order to best adapt DAM systems to meet evolving business needs
- Test and implement new DAM software features
- Maintain documentation of DAM systems environments, policies and procedures
- Perform DAM systems updates in conjunction with IT Operations
- Create and assign DAM user roles and permissions
- Provide ongoing DAM user support, training and troubleshooting
- Work closely with Digital Asset content managers to maintain the integrity of DAM systems architecture and best practices
- Perform periodic audits of DAM systems performance and digital asset inventory
- Analytical: Rational and likes to dig into the details to understand how systems and processes work.
- Detail-oriented: Very astute navigating technology and incredibly organized managing many small details.
- Flexible: Adaptable and able to work in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Resilient: Comfortable and confident through change management.
- Strategic: Able to think big picture and drive work accordingly.
- Influential: Able to bring complex material solutions to the table and get buy in for execution.
- Emotionally intelligent: high level of self-awareness, empathy, and interpersonal skills.
- Inclusive- Experience working with groups across difference in respectful and equitable ways.
- 3-5+ years professional DAM systems experience in a creative/marketing industry environment
- Superior knowledge of DAM technologies, methodologies and IT infrastructures
- Superior knowledge of Canto Cumulus platform; from installation to configuration of server-side and client-side environments
- Excellent working knowledge of digital file formats and production lifecycles
- Experience in collaborating with colleagues and clients on complex projects across departments to actualize solutions
- Experience with user permissions and access settings, and content usage-rights and licensing
- Experience working with DAM vendors to translate and communicate technical customizations
- Ability to clearly communicate metrics and analytics that represent DAM status and growth potential
- Strong organizational skills, creative problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
- Proficient in the following:
- Canto Cumulus (Application & Web Server, Desktop & Web Client, Portals)
- Mac OS X and MS Windows
- MS Windows network environments
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)