Digital Shelf Digital Asset Manager
School Specialty Expired
Greenville, WI, USA
As an expert in Digital Asset Management, you will provide leadership and vision to cross-functional teams across the organization as School Specialty embarks on a new and comprehensive asset management strategy. This role will be the primary gatekeeper of our new DAM and you will be responsible for developing metadata and digitization workflows and standards, as well as user interfaces and tools that directly affect the user experience at School Specialty.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Coordinating the evaluation and execution of strategy to manage assets and metadata for the Organization
- Establishing and standardizing the practice and structure of descriptive metadata through the Organization.
- Supervising the creation, upkeep, and enhancement of metadata that represents the organization’s digital assets, and when applicable, physical collections/items.
- Overseeing the growth and management of assets in the system, ensuring user adoption, accessibility, and continuous quality enhancements.
- Leading workgroups and facilitating collaboration across departments to establish policies and procedures for metadata.
- Promoting and improving user proficiency and efficiency by:
- Managing the usage and administration of the system, including training, user accounts, permissions, reporting, troubleshooting, configuration, etc.
- Assessing, defining, and implementing strategies for content ingestion and distribution for both internal and external partners.
- Developing and maintaining protocols to facilitate the organization, categorization, and distribution of digital resources.
- Supervising and facilitating requests for internal and external media/assets.
- Assisting IT/ Technology by determining, expressing, and prioritizing system maintenance and improvements through ongoing discussions with stakeholders, including testing interaction, and feedback from end-users.
- Promoting user advocacy.
- Contributing to the management of DAM budgets and planning.
- Sharing information necessary to educate and train Organization Staff on digital initiatives throughout the entire lifecycle of digital content, with the goal of long-term preservation and accessibility; providing regular progress updates to Staff regarding migrations.
- 5+ years of experience in Digital Asset Management Systems
- Extensive knowledge of digital formats and concepts related to digital use, migration, and reformatting, with a particular focus on media formats for still images and moving image files formats, including digital cinema.
- Comprehensive understanding of archival preservation principles and industry standards for both digital and analog materials, with the ability to evaluate new technologies and methodologies for the Organization’s assets and digital preservation and access needs.
- Experience in project management, including the ability to prioritize, plan, budget, and oversee complex projects, design workflows and manage relationships and services.
- Thorough comprehension of data structure and metadata standards, such as Dublin Core, VRA, CDWA, XML, IPTC/XMP, PREMIS.[JH1] [MR2]
- Experience working on owned B2B eCommerce platforms and marketplace channels including Amazon, Walmart, and Target
- Experience using data-driven insights to inform test & learns to enhance the shopper journey, Google Analytics and marketplace reporting metrics
- Experience with SEO, PIM Systems, digital analytics and reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or equivalent working experience
- Strong organizational, time-management and analytical skills
- Skilled in designing and implementing processes improvement
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent verbal, written, leadership and management skills; Must be comfortable speaking in front of large, senior groups.
- Tech savvy and passionate about building products; Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Advanced degree in library science or equivalent industry experience.