Digital Governance Specialist
Chicago, IL, US
The Data Governance Specialist is accountable for ensuring successful deployments as scoped by applying our defined seven disciplines of Data Governance. The principal responsibility of the Data Governance Specialist is to manage the planning and execution of project team members working closely with various business and functional partners. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the deployment charter, communications, metrics, reporting, and the overall execution.
- Preparing and ensuring all deliverables and outcomes required throughout the various gates and project objectives
- Partnering with Change Management team to ensure all Data Governance Roles (Owners/Stewards/Curators/Governors) understand roles and responsibilities
- Lead various cross functional business partners to conduct gap analysis of current state to desired state for a given domain based on risk avoidance or value benefits.
- Lead team to scope deployment and gain stakeholder approvals.
- Leverage Data Governance Office to provide solutions for gaps between current state and desired state of the target domain.
- Align tasks, activities, and ongoing responsibilities to owners according to Data Governance roles and responsibilities within a given domain.
- Manage deployment RAID and take appropriate action to include escalation process as and when required.
- Apply best project/program management principles working together with assigned resources (schedule, budget & timeline) in an effective and efficient manner. Manage schedules that reflect detailed information related to the changes, including effected components and functions, timelines for various stages of project completion, resource management, costs, etc.
- Will work with the individual team members from multiple functional disciplines to establish work plans and completion dates.
- Monitor progress of projects, discusses problems with affected areas, assures appropriate personnel are informed of problem and steps are in place to meet schedules.
- Depending on nature of problems, expected to recommend possible solutions and alternatives.
- Instruct, promote, and influence data governing habits, behaviors and ownership on the why and how Caterpillar must treat and manage data as an asset throughout this journey.
- Employee may also be responsible for performing other job duties occasionally as assigned.
- The position typically requires a college or university degree or certification that is equivalent.
- 8 plus years of Data Governance or MDM knowledge, concepts with hands-on experience in deploying across to 2-3 Domains (Masters/Transactional)
- 5 plus years of hands-on knowledge in utilizing any MDM, Data Quality Management tools or methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or influence others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- Familiar or worked with BI, Big Data, Data Analytics, Data Modeling, Architecture, Data Integration, Taxonomy, Data Lifecycle Management, Datawarehouse, Snowflake (iCloud), AWS, Azure (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DaaS) environments.
- Masters’ degree in computer science, information systems, or closely related disciplines
- Practiced or associated application with DAMA, DMBOK profession
- Should have strong project management skills, team collaborative skills, excellent communication skills, ability to multitask effectively, strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Previous agile training (sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint, retrospective)
- Advance knowledge of Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of fundamental of Organization Change Management
- Knowledge of Power BI, Tableau, Talend, Informatica, SnapLogic, SAP is highly desirable