The University of Maryland Eastern Shore
The University of Maryland Eastern Shore invites applicants to apply for a full-time, twelve-month, tenured track faculty position. Librarian Rank will be assigned at the initial appointment to the position.
- Performs original & copy cataloging records for print, non-print & digital items
- Maintains knowledge of professional cataloging standards (MARC, AACR2, OCLC)
- Monitors catalog cleanup with changes in catalog standards & system upgrades
- Assists in the maintenance & operation of the library’s automation system for bibliographic control
- Information literacy instruction
- Supervision of Library Services Tech & student assistant;
- Reference desk assistance
- Serves as faculty library liaison for assigned areas
- Serves on library, university & consortium committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Graduate degree in library science or related degree from an ALA accredited institution
- One to three years of library experience.
- Must be able to work some Saturdays
- Familiar with all aspects & guidelines of cataloging tools & principles (Integrated Library Systems, LC Subject Headings & Classification, OCLC bibliographic formats & authority files
- MARC, AACR2, OCLC experience; experience with integrated library systems & the OCLC system
- Collection development experience
- Ability to work as a team and/or work independently
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to communicate effectively