Sr. Manager, DAM Librarian
Peacock / NBC Universal Expired
New York, US
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.
The Librarian for Production Services will oversee a myriad of responsibilities for Peacock’s Digital Asset Management System, including managing vendor user governance, vendor relationships, user training, and overall system health (e.g. metadata, workflows, assets within the DAM). This role is critical for driving user adoption of the DAM and is always looking for new ways to streamline and simplify workflows for system users. A strong understanding of metadata, file transfer, and system management are critical as this person will serve as the first line of defense for all users in the system.
User Management & Governance
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for approving and creating accounts for new users
- Assign user roles, dictating the rights and capabilities that a given account has to utilize within the platform
- Remove users who are no longer eligible to access the platform
- Maintain distribution list for all DAM stakeholders, providing updates on system-wide incidents such as outages and known bugs
- Create and maintain onboarding materials for new user training and FAQs
- Serve as first point-of-contact for user issues and questions
DAM Upkeep and Management
- Establish and maintain metadata/taxonomy schema
- Establish and maintain asset ingestion workflow and governance
- Partner with the various internal business units and 3rd parties to upload and tag assets into the system
- Review recently added assets, ensuring description and tagging fidelity
- Oversee download and usage access, including restricting assets due to ongoing/non-approved revisions, embargo status, etc.
- Execute manual file expiration and distribute notification to affected stakeholders
- Simplify, standardize and manage the asset system
- Work with external vendors and business teams across an organization
- Troubleshoot issues and questions from all user groups
- Possess a general knowledge of how the system functions
- 3+ years' experience in Librarian and/or system management related position
- Familiarity with digital asset management systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, web management, web services, etc.
- Understanding of client/server environment, and experience with software applications within a given workflow across business groups
- Experience working across digital media functions, including content, marketing, business operations, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency and capabilities with computers and software/web applications for overall management
- An attention to detail while reviewing requests for completeness and quality
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate system issues with respect to maintenance and governance
- Understanding of needs of different user communities and user search behavior
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older