Product Owner - Digital Asset Management
Atlanta, GA, USA
The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing product value by clearly articulating vision and prioritizing the product features for a cross-functional delivery team to develop. The Product Owner ensures the right product features are built by the product team in the most efficient manner. They work in an open, collaborative, and approachable manner with the product, engineering, and business teams to inspire optimal solutions that solve customers’ problems and challenge the team to find the smartest, most efficient solutions. The Product Owner will work on a global DAM platform that has reach across all Business Units and Regions for marketing and consumer engagement.
They will understand consumer and business objectives, goals, and requirements to write user stories and acceptance criteria, prioritize the backlog, drive demand into other teams as necessary, and establishes a reliable predictable cadence of releases to production.
The product owner sits in the DTS (IT) organization and must understand and lead complex technical solutions, include privacy by design, security by design, and meet and maintain regulatory compliance per company standards.
- Provide subject matter expertise on enterprise DAM implementation best practices and performance optimization to maximize the efficiency of a globally leveraged platform
- Work closely with the respective product manager(s), engineering manager(s), and architect(s) to define product features according to product vision, roadmap, strategy and adoption.
- Works in close collaboration with stakeholders from cross functional teams and Business Units to understand their expectations and helps the team understand how to set up for successful user acceptance testing
- Work with other product managers to prioritize the demand you may inject into their backlog and are dependent upon to deliver on your backlog.
- Actively plans and prioritizes the product feature backlog according to business value and clearly articulates priorities for the product team. Working with the engineering manager balances the need to address technical debt and supports technical innovation in addition to adding product features
- Leads the planning of product releases and sets expectations for delivery of new features with stakeholders. Collaborates with stakeholders regarding the correction of defects.
- Writes detailed user stories and acceptance criteria at a pace to ensure the product team always has an adequate number of prepared stories to work on. Works closely with the Engineering
- Manager and team to ensure stories in the upcoming sprint are fully understood and stories in future sprints are well groomed & estimated.
- Sets sprint goals in coordination with the product team and drives the team to deliver promised value. Ensures the volume and sequence of work flowing to the product team optimizes team performance and maximizes the value delivered.
- Actively participates in Agile ceremonies to provide immediate answers and direction to the product team based on domain expertise
- Always represents the voice of the consumer within the team
- Facilitates sprint planning and backlog refinement in partnership with the scrum master or coordinates the scrum master responsibilities across the product team.
- Creates a sense of common goal for the entire team based on the product vision.
- Ensures the entire team understands items in the product backlog to the level needed for them to estimate and commit to work during sprint planning
- Includes the entire team in the discovery backlog and regular design exercises
- Coordinates the sprint review with relevant stakeholders, faithfully communicates in the language of the business, and writes new user stories as needed based on customer feedback
- Works in close cooperation with the team during retrospectives, with a view to identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Coordinates with multiple parties (product team, vendors, strategic partners, engineering managers, business partners, etc.) to meet the customer’s priorities while being aware of the insights, needs and constraints of those stakeholders
- Has the ability to communicate realistic expectations to business stakeholders and can prioritize requests that cannot be met from a fixed capacity team when appropriate
- Provides performance feedback to product team members’ administrative leaders
- Owns the outward communication of product progress and value to stakeholders
- Maintains a technical competency in Digital Asset Management (DAM) platforms on which the product is built.
Key Qualifications and Experiences:
- B.S. degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in Digital Asset Management (DAM) and/or integrated marketing programs across multiple platforms, specializing in digital consumer experiences and web site production.
- Deep understanding and broad experience with managing DAM platforms for marketing and consumer engagement.
- Domain knowledge or past experience utilizing industry leading DAM technologies, such as MediaBeacon, Sitecore DAM, Tenovos, Open Text, Adobe Experience Manager, Aprimo, or other similar solutions
- Demonstrable ability to translate business needs into requirements and define those in a written format that allows the development teams to align behind the product vision
- Outstanding organizational, communication, relationship-building, and collaboration skills at all levels
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience as a change agent at multiple levels of an organization