Our Fortune 100 client is looking for a short-term taxonomist to help flesh out a proprietary knowledge organization system that covers a wide range of topics and content. The position will involve reviewing candidate concepts, placing them within the framework of the existing taxonomy as well as expansion of the structure itself. The position will require working with existing taxonomists, otologists, software developers and project managers. At this time all work will be remote and is likely to remain so.
- At least a BA in Linguistics, Library science, or related field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with is SKOS based systems a plus 3-5 years of experience in creating and maintaining taxonomies preferably with a wide range of topics
- Familiarity with RDF and SPARQL a plus
- Fine with remote work
- Good internet connection required
- Familiarity with ontology design
- This person will be classifying things and teaching computers and programs how things are connected.