Director of Content Strategy
Bounteous / Lever
Bounteous is looking for a Contract Director of Content Strategy to join our fast-growing design practice. This role is ideal for a dynamic and impassioned Content Strategy expert focused on furthering sound content strategy principles in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal director is a naturally engaging storyteller and mentor who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to collectively deliver tools, processes, and content that drive award-winning user-centered experiences.
Role and Responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the establishment of Content Strategy standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization.
- Deft familiarity and expertise in Content Strategy activities and deliverables including voice and tone guidelines, governance models and workflows, content models, taxonomies, stakeholder interviews, content audits & inventories, strategic analysis, and research findings.
- Act as a leader and mentor in project work: create high-quality deliverables, facilitate client discussions and content workshops, lead critiques, and coach fellow content strategists.
- Occasionally support business development through estimation, solutioning, and high-level staffing plans.
- Support project managers to schedule content-related activities and deliverables within a project.
- Skillfully balance multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
- Coach and mentor staff to guide personal and professional growth.
- Work with senior XD leadership to lead, develop, and grow the Content Strategy team.
- Stay up to date with Content Strategy best practices, trends, ideas, and techniques via participation in local Content Strategy communities.
- Collaboratively define our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth for the next generation of content strategists.
- 11+ years of experience as a content strategy professional
- 3+ years experience mentoring, managing, and coaching direct reports
- Substantial demonstrable experience presenting work to clients, facilitating and leading workshops, and synthesizing data into actionable projects across programs
- Deep experience connecting content strategy work to user, business, and brand value
- Successful content strategy implementations with enterprise clients, addressing both long-term and short-term initiatives
- Strong background in taxonomy, information architecture, human factors, experience design, marketing, brand, and copy strategy
- Ability to lead and create content strategy deliverables and activities with no oversight
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Consulting/agency experience is required
- In-depth knowledge of platforms such as Miro, Optimal Workshop, and Microsoft Office
- Expert knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, or similar presentation tools
- Excellent communicator with all levels of leadership, management, and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Excellent listener and writer with a passion for Content Strategy
- BS/BA/BFA in library science, information design, visual communication, or other design- or information- related fields; or equivalent experience
- Experience in user experience design and research activities (such as persona development, journey mapping, user flows, and wireframing) is a plus