Digital Services Librarian
District of North Vancouver
NVDPL is looking for a Digital Services Librarian to develop, promote, and support a range of digital tools and services and in contributing to the operation, user support and maintenance of library system infrastructure.
What we can offer you
At NVDPL, we believe in building community and relationships, nurturing innovation while honouring tradition, embracing exploration, creativity, and fun, and supporting human potential and enabling excellence.
Reporting to the Manager of Innovation and Learning, you will participate as an integral part of the digital services team to enhance the digital experience of our staff and community. The Digital Services Librarian also participates as a member of the information services team, providing reference and readers advisory services for Library patrons.
What you’ll be doing
Aspects of the role will include:
- Supporting the development and delivery of innovative digital experiences and technology-enriched learning in response to community needs.
- Supporting staff and patrons in using digital services and digital devices, including by developing and delivering training.
- Contributing to the operation, user support and maintenance of the Library’s integrated library system and related technologies.
- Contributing to the development and support of the library’s digital collection.
- Contributing to maintaining and enhancing the Library’s website and intranet, and supporting other Library staff in creating and updating web and intranet content.
- Providing reference and reader’s advisory services.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A Master of Library Science/Master of Library and Information Science degree or equivalent professional degree.
- Knowledge of and sound experience with the emerging digital library environment, including the web, digital collections, online databases, integrated library systems and software applications.
- Experience developing and supporting a range of digital and technology solutions in a public library.
- Experience with data analysis using spreadsheets or other data analysis tools.
- Demonstrated competence assisting patrons with accessing and navigating the digital environment.
- Ability to develop and provide training to the public and staff in using technology.
- Ability to work collaboratively, courteously and effectively with the public and staff.
- Ability to provide leadership and responsible oversight of services, resources, and projects.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Experience with teamwork and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It’s great if you have
- Experience with business analysis, using data to identify needs and determine solutions, writing reports and proposals, etc.
- Experience managing a budget, managing contracts, and working with vendors.
- Confidence managing a wide variety of projects and activities while balancing daily operations and strategic initiatives.