Digital Asset Specialist
Brea, CA, USA
Avery Products is looking for a Digital Asset Specialist to support the Marketing Operations team as the process owner for the DAM. A seamless workflow from ingestion to publishing is critical to delivering Avery’s products and promotional campaigns to market on time. This role is responsible for ensuring the daily operations of the DAM run smoothly. The Digital Asset Specialist works with the creative team and business stakeholders to acquire assets, ensure the integrity of metadata, and properly catalog them to make them easy to find on Avery’s DAM portal. This role also serves as a resource and guide for any team members who require training on DAM processes or systems.
- Receive digital assets and perform quality control to ensure they comply with a variety of customer / internal specifications. Proactively coordinate corrections with internal creative team / external agencies.
- Enforce adherence to file naming conventions, based on type of asset. Create, document, and train on new naming conventions as needed.
- Validate and update all asset metadata before uploading to the DAM system to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- File assets according to established folder structure. Recommend changes to structure as business needs evolve.
- Publish assets to internal and external portals with appropriate access rights and in accordance with project timelines.
- Conduct general library maintenance to ensure the correct assets are available and out-of-date assets are archived.
- Maintain DAM taxonomy, metadata schema, metadata templates, and other standardization solutions.
- Serve as DAM system administrator, including account creation, group management, permissions management, planning for data storage needs, and troubleshooting issues.
- Train new users on how to use DAM features, create documentation, and provide user support to drive adoption and enable the overall success of the DAM.
- Provide exceptional customer service and be the front-facing contact for all incoming digital assets, inquiries, and questions.
- 1 – 3 years experience utilizing a Digital Asset Management system (WebDAM highly preferred) to organize and share assets.
- Hands on experience with Adobe Creative Suite. Capable of identifying out-of-spec issues, such as incorrect clipping paths, transparent layers, and color mode (CMYK vs RGB).
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, including common functions.
- Experience with workflow management tools (Workfront, JIRA or equivalent) a plus.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize.
- Must thrive in an environment which requires multitasking and adapting to change.
- Must be proactive and dependable, fulfilling obligations and meeting deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills