Digital Asset Manager
Galen College of Nursing
USA (Work From Home)
Galen College of Nursing is looking for a Digital Asset Manager (DAM) who is responsible for documenting, storing, analyzing, organizing, cataloging, and maintaining Galen’s instructional multimedia digital assets and is the primary system administrator for the digital asset management system. The role ensures all digital assets are successfully managed with accurate metadata, searchable by our faculty and students, are uploaded and maintained in the digital asset management system and meet 504 accessibility standards. The DAM also creates and manages a system ensuring that all media source files are archived. Other primary responsibilities include project management as related to developing and maintaining a process to manage the digital the asset database and software..
- Analyze, organize and maintain all digital assets used in instruction and upload to the digital asset management system.
- Work with various academic departments on creating the metadata structure, sorting heirchy, and identifying appropriate tagging to optimize searching capabilities.
- Research, implement, and maintain the digital asset management system solution.
- Provide training and support to faculty and students on the digital asset management system.
- Design and implement a tracking system for managing asset licensing, subject matter expert releases, and other media permissions needs.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure archiving systems meet organizational requirements for security and backup up properly to ensure business continuity.
- Organize, track, and archive digital asset media source files to facilitate future updates and revisions to media assets.
- Assist various departments in searching for requested media assets.
- In direct service of an academic department, collaborate with deans, faculty, and instructional design team to ensure that instructional media assets are accessible and functional for faculty and students.
- Work closely with the instructional design team in support of applications utilized by employees to deliver online, hybrid, and web-enhanced courses.
- Manage employee access to specific assets.
- Ensure Digital Asset Management system meets security and redunency standards set forth by the organization.
- Direct faculty to current technical and college-wide media resources (i.e., Canvas Commons, Screencast-O-Matic, etc.).
- Develop and generate reports on asset utilization and other reporting needs.
- Manage and create technical support and “How-To” video to assist faculty and students.
- Maintain records and prepare weekly, monthly, and annual reports as directed.
- Document current and new processes.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, students, IT, Academics, and Instruction as needed.
- Engage in continuous quality improvement.
- Participate as a team member in support of Galen’s iCARE principles and efficient departmental functioning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience working with a content or media management system.
- Advanced knowledge of digital media file formats and file conversion.
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, successfully prioritize multiple tasks, and produce consistent, high-quality work.
- Strong project management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Working knowledge of video editing software.
- An understanding of 504/508 accommodation standards.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, oral, and technical skills.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work in a team environment, multitask, and prioritize projects.
- Flexible schedule to provide occasional weekend support, scheduled around term starts.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, critical thinking, and effective communication skills while responding to multiple priorities and demands.
- Must be internally motivated, have a strong sense of urgency, and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.