Digital Asset Manager
San Francisco, CA, US
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The role of a Digital Asset Manager is to drive global asset development and design in support of the packaging user experience (UX). This includes asset creation and coordination with inter-disciplinary teams to ensure packaging asset adheres to brand guidelines and is developed and approved on-time. In addition to driving development, the Asset Manager will plan, execute, and deploy initiatives that support enthusiastic adoption of the digital asset management system and workflows. They will receive and QC final assets, ensuring each asset is built to specifications, branding is correct, and proper file naming and metadata have been inputted. They contribute to the evolution of digital asset best practices, recommending improvements to packaging assets, workflows, and the systems that support; while demonstrating an in-depth understanding of the digital asset management domain.
Working closely with global, cross-functional team members (e.g., Industrial Design, Marketing, Product Management, Go-to-Market), they define key aspects of assets via graphic design, print production, archiving and delivery; while motivating cross-functional teams to deliver assets as per the program’s packaging requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Graphic Arts, Marketing, or Advertising, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience managing photography and creative libraries, in particular in digital file formats.
- 3+ years working with digital asset management systems, asset organization through taxonomy and metadata.
- Ability to extract complex concepts
- Ability to proficiently present asset solutions to stakeholders in design and program management
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Proficient in MS Office skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Creative Cloud)
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Additional coursework in Library Science or cataloging is a plus