Digital Asset Librarian
This position takes ownership for the metadata, categorization,taxonomy, identification and indexing of Koher Co. images providing an accurate and easily accessible repository for the digital image assets of Kohler Company and its family of companies. This individual will establish and enforce metadata standards and vocabulary for images related to Kohler Company business units, products, architecture, and historical significance.
- Identifies and indexes Kohler Company image assets assuring accurate meta data entry into the Digital Asset Management system.
- Works closely with all Kohler Company business and corporate groups to define image metadata requirements; maintains the completeness and accuracy of image meta data needed for efficient image retrieval.
- Guide DAM Collection Specialists in getting and maintaining standards for their individual collections. Creates training documentation to aid Collection Specialists with asset uploading. Will sometimes deliver training virtually or in person.
- Collaborates with Manager – Collections & Digital Asset Management in the development of instruction materials for general users around system functionality.
- In collaboration with the DAM team members, develops and documents image asset indexing logic and metadata entry procedures; ensures procedures are being followed.
- Monitors and audits accuracy of all stages of the image asset library entry process; conducts ongoing audits of the input process.
- Benchmarks best in class image indexing/meta data processes by specific Kohler business category.
- Develops and implements short-term and long-term strategic goals for the Digital Asset Management system metadata acquisition process.
- Develops and implements image identification processes which start with the photo request.
- Assists client users worldwide with data input training.
- Recommends metadata improvements and participates in the related implementation and change management.
- Works closely with the Corporate Archivist in developing compatible vocabulary and information architecture which support the corporate archives and image library search functions.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience working in a digital asset management environment. Photo/Video library experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate good people skills and be an enthusiastic problem solver.
- Needs to have a good understanding of digital image asset workflow and how assets are used in an omni-channel experience model.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of digital image capture.