Digital Asset Intern
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
Remote / USA
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
EDF offers internships and fellowships for students and recent graduates in a variety of programs and departments throughout the organization. The ultimate goal of our internship and fellowship program is to provide high-quality experiences (including relevant projects and opportunities for networking) that form the foundation for any individual who is serious about pursuing an environmental career.
The digital asset intern will work with the EDF Library team, nested within the IT Operations department.
EDF seeks a highly-motivated and qualified undergraduate or graduate student to work with our Library team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Digital Asset Librarian and Digital Asset Associate on streamlining EDF's digital asset library as well as assisting with workflow development and implementation of best practices.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Management of assets associated with specific collections within EDF's Digital Asset Management System which includes:
- Metadata creation and content tagging
- Collaboration on taxonomy development and refinement
- Implementation of usage rights structure
- May assist with other ad-hoc tasks related to content management
- Work with sensitive and confidential data
- Demonstrated interest in environmental, conservation, cataloging, or digital asset management.
- Coursework in digital content management, metadata and taxonomy development or equivalent.
- Comfortable and capable with handling confidential information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills.