Data Governance Analyst - Contract
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
We are continually searching for great talent; individuals who possess a deep commitment to the customers and markets we serve. If you would like to join a company that is committed to the success of each employee and offers challenge, purpose and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally in a team-oriented environment, you'll enjoy a career with us! We understand that fostering a diverse and inclusive environment is critical for the success of our business, and we actively work towards it every day.
As a Data Governance Analyst - Contract, you will be responsible for helping to develop, implement, monitor, and measure a data governance framework that spans the entire organization. You will work with SMEs across all business lines within FCT to understand and document their business processes and usage of data. You will utilize this information to implement a governance framework to enhance data quality and ensure protection of FCT’s data assets. Doing so will improve the quality of data going forward, enabling strategic decision-making and the development of new products and services.
HERE’S HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Help develop and implement a Data Governance Framework organization-wide using a combination of people, processes, and technology
- Meet with SME’s to gather detailed information about departmental processes and data
- Create documentation to catalogue all data assets and how data travels throughout the organization
- Champion the ongoing enforcement of the framework
- Collaborate and coordinate with company Data Stewards on an ongoing basis
- Develop and enforce data quality standards to enable strategic decision-making based on accurate data
- Analyze data as required to assess data quality and usefulness
- Measure and monitor the success of the Data Governance program using metrics/KPIs you’ll help develop
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in developing and implementing a Data Governance program/framework
- Advanced skill in authoring of data-related documentation: ability and interest in creating detailed and thorough documentation surrounding data catalogues/dictionaries, metadata, data flow diagrams, data mapping, SOP’s, business processes
- Business Analysis skills: requirements elicitation, workshop facilitation, QA/test case authoring, use case definition, change management, etc.
- Ability to perform data quality analysis. Experience with data quality software tools (for example Alteryx) is an asset.
- Understanding of relational databases and skill in SQL queries/scripting
- Conceptual understanding of Master Data Management. Experience with MDM tools (for example Profisee) is an asset.
HERE’S WHAT SETS US APART:
Through mentoring, innovative tools, and a variety of programs that engage and reward, we empower each employee to be great and drive results.
- Comprehensive benefits that include virtual healthcare and an Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Group retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Paid volunteer opportunities and charitable donation matching
- Employee recognition programs that include referral incentives
- Potential for performance-based incentives
- The opportunity to participate in our stock purchase plan
- And more!