Creative Systems Supervisor
DICK’s Sporting Goods Expired
The Creative Systems Supervisor is the key administrator for systems supporting the Marketing Creative Team. This role is responsible for increasing the value and efficiency of the DAM, CMS, and photo/video shoot planning tools by ensuring the safe-keeping and increasing the usability of DICK’S digital assets. This includes photography, video, pdf and other content created internally or delivered by vendors. In addition, the Supervisor manages systems utilized by the broader Creative team to work efficiently and strategically. Act as the liaison between users to implement effective UX in a fast-paced production environment. Duties include initial and ongoing systems implementation and initiatives, maintenance of the systems, user training and trouble-shooting, oversight of systems support team, and development and documentation of processes and standards. Highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter. Must be interested in continuous improvement, usability of tools and driving efficiency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead creative system administrator.
- Champion and continually improve internal creative systems including how they integrate with other enterprise systems within the organization.
- Work to ensure new system needs or tools are properly developed with insights into how other tools and systems should be tied together to create streamlined workflows and other efficiencies in the work executed by the teams these tools support.
- Partner with colleagues to collect feedback and execute user studies to ensure optimization of improvements.
- Propose and/or vet new tools and advise cross-functional optimization teams as required.
- Partner with IT and FED as subject matter advisor.
- Create clear and detailed user stories, and acceptance criteria to identify and prioritize new requirements and bug fixes.
- Lead team to review and test any configurations and/or customizations for the systems.
- Act as bridge between users and IT/Dev.
- Ensure teams are aware of system integration needs.
- Advise as functional expert in taxonomy & metadata for organization and our external partners.
- Create workflow in conjunction with cross-functional partners for the use of assets with DAM & CMS.
- Lead team to create and maintain up-to-date DAM documentation.
- Ongoing attention towards improved production with DAM to save time and money, as well as proper usage and integration with all CMS in organization.
- Ongoing review of internal and industry best in class practices and procedures for relentless improvement of the asset management process. .
- Lead and manage Creative Systems Team: identify employee strengths and opportunities.Experience managing modular content, and personalized marketing preferred
- Place each employee in the best position individually and for the team to maximize value as a whole.
- Provide open and honest feedback on a regular basis.
- Enable our vision of "create once, available everywhere" concept of next generation content management toolsets
- This role will have the opportunity to execute on long-term strategic initiatives that up level the core aspects of the content management space and tackle the toughest challenges in content management modernization to achieve content at scale
- Support content strategy, planning, testing, monitoring, and optimization across channels and experiences to drive participant action and engagement with business units.
- Liaison between Marketing and eCommerce business partners and Technology team for content (digital assets/copy) systems needs
- Work cross-functionally with end users and technology support to ensure advancements are made in the tool and optimizations are made as well.
- Serves at the subject matter expert for the technical operation of the content management system and integrations with other systems and data sources.
- Expert user of content management system(s) providing strategic guidance to the marketing team and other content owners/contributors on how to best utilize the defined templates.
- Evaluate evolving tooling needs of the team and recommend potential solutions, including new software, additional team training, and development of custom applications, including features for design of the CMS.
- Identifies, defines, and aligns content requirements based on athlete persona, segmentation, lifecycle state, behavior, or other attributes.
- Work to streamline content creation, approvals, and productivity using content toolsets
- Provide recommendations to internal partners in managing the delivery of content, including strategizing and determining communication objectives in addition to best practices for authoring and approval workflows.
- Conduct, create, and maintain appropriate training materials for architecture and structure.
- Assist in change management and be a change champion for initiative roll out
- Align with stakeholders on content strategy initiatives and regularly communicate status on current and upcoming initiatives.
- Drive the capabilities roadmap to achieve content strategy goals.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 – 7 years’ experience
- Experience with DAM/CMS solutions, Adobe Experience Manager preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Photo Mechanic
- Knowledge of Workflow Software preferred
- Experience with basic FED & IT processes
- UX/CX experience preferred
- Experience partnering with content creation teams, including photography, video and animation
- Experience managing modular content, and personalized marketing preferred