University of North Texas
The Cataloging Librarian will report to the Department Head of Cataloging and Metadata Services (CMS) and will be responsible for catalog records and related data resources in a variety of formats, including DVDs and media. The librarian will work collaboratively within the CMS department to showcase our values, catalog resources, develop and implement policies and procedures, and facilitate planning and process improvements. The librarian will perform original and complex copy cataloging by providing full and accurate resource description and subject analysis according to international and local standards. The Cataloging Librarian will also work with the Library’s other departments and divisions, specifically with the Collection Development Department and Media Library.UNT librarians hold fixed duration non-tenure track faculty status, and are expected to participate in scholarly, professional, and service activities that enhance their departmental responsibilities.
- ALA-accredited Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Library or Information Science.
- Strong working knowledge of metadata standards and best practices, specifically RDA and MARC.
- Familiarity with cataloging tools. (For example: OCLC Connexion, MarcEdit, ClassWeb, RDA Toolkit)
- Familiarity with complex copy and original cataloging.
- Familiarity with an integrated library system.
- Familiarity with current issues and principles regarding cataloging.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent organizational skills, and ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build effective work relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, privacy, and accessibility.
- The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Experience cataloging DVDs, Blu-rays, and streaming media.
- Experience in acquiring, batch editing, and loading files of vendor-supplied bibliographic records.
- Evidence of scholarly activities and participation in professional service.
- Familiarity with III Sierra
- Familiarity with OCLC Connexion
- Familiarity with MarcEdit