Archive & Digital Asset Management Coordinator
New York, New York, US
Obtain and catalog both physical and digital assets such as documents, photography, drawings and more for ingestion in to the company Digital Asset Management (DAM) system and corporate archive. Work on projects and fulfill requests for materials.
- Interface across multiple David Yurman departments to understand their asset management, archiving and distribution needs for all materials
- Ingest and tag large amounts of digital assets with metadata and assure accuracy
- Oversee trafficking of assets and contextual information about assets into the archive
- Work with team to maintain and manage the DAM system
- Document DAM procedures as they relate to the DAM system and archive
- Create reports on assets and DAM system usage
- Communicate concerns and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Master’s Degree of Library Science (MLS) preferred
- 1-3 years of experience with enterprise-grade Digital Asset Management (DAM) and workflow/project management platforms such as OpenText, North Plains, Adam. 2-3 years tagging and cataloging assets. 1-3 experience working on large programs and projects.
- In-depth understanding of taxonomy development and metadata standards. Experience working with a Web Content Management Systems (WCMS), html, java script, and CSS as well as other web design. Understanding of Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP).
- Understanding of systems integrations, APIs and basic system operations
- Self-starter, ambitious, eager to dive in, learn, follow through and get work done
- Flexibility with evolving responsibilities and an often changing environment
- Ability to work independently, but also collaboratively. Unafraid to ask questions and seek out internal resources.
- Clear communication skills, including both oral & written presentations. Ability to explain complex matters in easy-to-understand terms. Strong interpersonal capabilities.
- Highly focused and organized
- Familiarity with physical archives and archival best practices
- Familiarity with jewelry, gemstones and precious metals
- Ability to write simple automations
- Understanding document versioning and assets, renditions and file types
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Creative Suite for manipulation of assets