Request For Article Submissions: Digital Asset Supply Chain And Creative Operations Management Series
In the last few months, we have seen a marked increase in the interest in Digital Asset Supply Chain projects and (to a lesser extent) Creative Operations Management. This is something we have talked about a lot on DAM News quite a lot, but the recent spike in demand is notable for how quickly it has occurred. There are several key themes emerging:
- Multi-vendor projects where different providers are selected for a custom solution using off-the-shelf components (with one vendor chosen specifically for the integration piece).
- Use of microservices or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) technologies to provide APIs for the above.
- Demand for creative management tools (artwork workflow, annotations and other productivity and creative/marketing project management functionality).
- Direct integration from DAM systems direct to third party solutions (PIM, CRM, email marketing, InDesign etc) using so-called ‘headless’ methods with either a very small number of DAM users who tend to be more administration-focused, rather than systems with many end-users who access a portal.
While there is a lot of activity in this area, knowledge of how to manage these kind of projects and awareness of the risks and opportunities seems to be not as well-developed and widespread as some of the more conventional use-cases for Content DAM. As such, we are going to run a an article series about this subject and we are inviting feature article contributions from those with expertise in these fields.
The guidelines are similar to other DAM News submissions, any gratuitously commercial items, case studies, thinly disguised advertising for a commercial operation you represent, off-topic pieces etc will get rejected, so do not send them to us. Some suggested topics for anyone who needs some inspiration:
- Managing complex, multi-vendor Digital Asset Supply Chain solutions: advice and recommendations.
- API standards and resolving compatibility issues between vendors.
- Commercial issues: using prime contractors and devising support agreements and procedures.
- Monitoring the digital asset supply chain: tools and techniques for tracking assets as they pass through nodes on the value chain.
- Managing marketing/creative projects: retaining control without losing emasculating creativity.
- User interfaces for creative operations management software and digital asset supply chain management initiatives.
The above are only potential topics, if you have an alternative take (which is still relevant) then please feel free to get in touch. I plan to write about some of the above subjects, but we will accept multiple submissions on the same subject, providing there is an original or unique perspective that has not already been covered by someone else.
To make it clear (as this has come up previously when asking for article contributions) you do have to actually come up with the copy, we are not looking for ‘votes’ about what we should write about. In addition, all material provided needs to be original and not have been published elsewhere, especially if you don’t own the copyright to it, but even if you do, it must be currently unpublished work (although we do allow the articles to be syndicated after they have appeared in DAM News).
Share this Article: