Creatasphere DAM Europe Conference Summary
Kashyap Kompella from consultants, Real Story Group has written up a summary of the Creatasphere DAM Europe conference which was held in the Hague (Netherlands) recently. Kashyap has done a great job of distilling the material from the conference into this piece and covers 10 key areas:
- DAM is (finally) being acknowledged as relevant and useful by senior executives.
- Large ECM vendors still do not understand how to assimilate DAM into their offerings.
- The Cloud is perceived as having risks relating to privacy and data security and it may take longer to be adopted for DAM.
- Mobile DAM is not considered a priority.
- DAM systems still lack functionality in relation to social media.
- Workflow in DAM systems is too linear and needs to move towards a more collaborative model.
- Museum curators and archivists have concerns about how long the formats of files they deposit into DAM systems will last.
- Context or ‘meta-metadata’ as Kashyap refers to it will become increasingly important as DAM users want to know where assets are used and also vary how it is used/presented across different channels.
- Search: being able to find one’s assets is still the key business case for DAM systems.
- Many ‘cool’ features added by vendors serve no useful purpose as far as end users are concerned, especially visual search.