DAM consultants, Daydream, have released a report, Video Digital Asset Management: 12 Crucial Points which covers a range of different topics about handling video in DAM systems. The report appears to be written from a reasonably neutral perspective and should be of interest to anyone looking into Video DAM.
The points include:
- Choose systems that can be shaped around your company.
- The difference between DAM and ECM and how that relates to video content.
- Branding of the system and why it is necessary.
- How to provide access to videos for users without risking copyright infringement.
- Using fast-loading previews for videos.
- Why metadata for digital video needs to be handled differently to other media.
- HTML5, Flash, Silverlight and how to navigate the format maze.
- Outsource or insource: advantages and disadvantages
- The importance of training
- Hosting, supporting and maintaining video DAM.
- Working with a vendor who understands marketing departments.
- Getting it past IT
The full overview is here.