In this post, Phil Simon explains the significance of Master Data Management (MDM), the process of assigning reference data that can be used to correlate and aggregate information across multiple enterprises repositories:
“Many large organizations have long been hamstrung by redundant or mismatched data sitting in silos, making analyses of customers and employees much more difficult than necessary. Simple questions such as, “How many customers bought from us last quarter?” can easily become long, complicated exercises in data extraction, manipulation, and analysis…At its highest level, MDM addresses a fundamental challenge confronting many businesses: data in multiple systems often becomes splintered or redundant. ” [Read More]
- Metadata Automation Webinar Recording From New Jersey DAM Meetup Group
- Can Enterprise Taxonomy Management Survive Analyst Reticence - And Does Anyone Else Care Anyway?
- The Role Of Taxonomy Governance In DAM Interoperability Initiatives
- Google's Visual Case Study Of The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata
- The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata Generation