In this interview, Sarah Berndt, NASA Johnson Space Center Taxonomist & DB Consulting Group, Inc., explains how taxonomy is crucial for successful digital asset management and describes the exciting range of subject matter she encounters working as a metadata consultant for NASA.
“Taxonomy is fundamental to each stage of Digital Asset Management as it provides a centralized organizational foundation multiple schemas can map to. Ultimately, this allows content owners the ability to identify information in a way that is meaningful to them, but findable by others… In summary, being the JSC Taxonomist is a fun job! The learning curve never ends when your subject domains range from chemistry, curation, exploration, history, medicine, and yes… rocket science!” [Read More]
- Metadata Automation Webinar Recording From New Jersey DAM Meetup Group
- Can Enterprise Taxonomy Management Survive Analyst Reticence - And Does Anyone Else Care Anyway?
- The Role Of Taxonomy Governance In DAM Interoperability Initiatives
- Google's Visual Case Study Of The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata
- The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata Generation