In this article, CMS Wire’s Stephanie Lemieux discusses the key problems organisations face when managing their digital assets and why good metadata is essential to ensure maximum ROI for your digital asset management system.
“To maximize impact of spend and gain efficiency in the asset creation process, digital assets need to be managed in a central hub — a digital asset management system (DAM). However, it isn’t as simple as buying a new DAM solution, uploading all your assets and flipping the “on” switch — there is much more to reuse than technology. And one of the key elements of any DAM project is a solid metadata and taxonomy framework.” [Read More]
- Can Enterprise Taxonomy Management Survive Analyst Reticence - And Does Anyone Else Care Anyway?
- The Role Of Taxonomy Governance In DAM Interoperability Initiatives
- Google's Visual Case Study Of The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata
- The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata Generation
- Understanding And Implementing Metadata Standards In Digital Asset Management Initiatives