The Taxonomy Blog covers a report of the Taxonomy Bootcamp which was apparently compiled from tweets rather than attending the event. In “What next, taxonomy?” the authors discuss 5 key themes and questions that were discussed at length during the conference:
- Centralised taxonomies don’t scale. Think federated and allow localised modifications.
- Does social media have a role with taxonomies? Does it work in an environment where governance, security, control, and confidentiality are important considerations?
- Why taxonomies should not necessarily be developed by subject domain experts (or at least the initial versions).
- User Interfaces, Big Data and Mobile.
- Why taxonomy tools must encourage the growth of the interoperability of vocabularies using XML, SKOS etc.
- Metadata Automation Webinar Recording From New Jersey DAM Meetup Group
- Can Enterprise Taxonomy Management Survive Analyst Reticence - And Does Anyone Else Care Anyway?
- The Role Of Taxonomy Governance In DAM Interoperability Initiatives
- Google's Visual Case Study Of The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata
- The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata Generation