Barry Smith, from Buffalo University has produced this free course: “Introduction to Ontology: From Aristotle to the Universal Core“. The course is aimed at those with an information science or philosophy background and covers a number of topics:
- Ontology as a Branch of Philosophy
- Ontology and Logic
- The Ontology of Social Reality
- Why I Am No Longer a Philosopher (or: Ontology Leaving the Mother Ship of Philosophy)
- Why Computer Science Needs Philosophy
- Ontology and the Semantic Web
- Towards a Standard Upper Level Ontology
- Ontology and the US Federal Government Data Integration Initiative
The presentation is also available as a handout.
- Metadata Automation Webinar Recording From New Jersey DAM Meetup Group
- Can Enterprise Taxonomy Management Survive Analyst Reticence - And Does Anyone Else Care Anyway?
- The Role Of Taxonomy Governance In DAM Interoperability Initiatives
- Google's Visual Case Study Of The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata
- The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata Generation