Continuing his “8 Things” theme, John Mancini, president of AIIM presents “8 Things You Need to Know About How Taxonomy Can Improve Search” by guest blogger, Heather Hedden from Earley Associates. The 8 points are:
- Retrieve Matched Concepts, Not Just Words.
- Leverage Metadata
- Enhance Web Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Support Browsing though Hierarchies.
- Support Faceted Search.
- Leverage Text Mining and Auto-Classification.
- Support Discovery.
- Facilitate Semantic Search.
- Metadata Automation Webinar Recording From New Jersey DAM Meetup Group
- Can Enterprise Taxonomy Management Survive Analyst Reticence - And Does Anyone Else Care Anyway?
- The Role Of Taxonomy Governance In DAM Interoperability Initiatives
- Google's Visual Case Study Of The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata
- The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata Generation