In this article Rob Karel examines the reasons why, despite their paramount importance, so many metadata management strategies either fail or under deliver in organisations, and provides some practical steps for resuscitating a dying metadata initiative.
“There’s a reason for this unfortunate trend: a large number of IT professionals know intuitively that metadata management is the right thing to do, but have a hard time articulating why they need it. Also they admit a lack of engagement and collaboration with business stakeholders they are aiming to help. They also often have failed attempts to get metadata efforts off the ground in the past and are trying to fast track something…anything! So how can IT reverse this trend?” [Read More]
- The Role Of Taxonomy Governance In DAM Interoperability Initiatives
- Google's Visual Case Study Of The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata
- The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata Generation
- Understanding And Implementing Metadata Standards In Digital Asset Management Initiatives
- Metadata Maturity Models - DAM Innovation Strategies Start Here