Transcription specialist, 3Play Media, have announced the availability of a plug-in which links a transcript of the text of a video to spoken word footage. The timeline can be searched for occurrences of a given term either across a single video or an entire library:
“Installing an interactive transcript plugin on your website allows your users to navigate, search, and interact with your media. The plugin is compatible with most video players and can be embedded on any website simply by inserting a snippet of code.” [Read More]
Google recently announced automated transcription of YouTube videos (albeit with mixed success) and we expect to see fully indexed spoken word narrative content (both audio and video) being a feature of low and mid-range DAM solutions in the near future.
- Metadata Automation Webinar Recording From New Jersey DAM Meetup Group
- Can Enterprise Taxonomy Management Survive Analyst Reticence - And Does Anyone Else Care Anyway?
- The Role Of Taxonomy Governance In DAM Interoperability Initiatives
- Google's Visual Case Study Of The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata
- The Perils And Politics Of Automated Metadata Generation